SAW KING is open as an Essential Business in Florida, and continues to serve our great customers throughout the state, working in the Pro-Cutting, Concrete Cutting & Coring, General Construction and Road Construction crews. We are here to provide tools, equipment and repair services to quickly meet the needs of the contractors and construction teams working on these accelerated Critical Infrastructure Projects in FL.
CALL US to find out how we can help you save money on new equipment, parts and maintenance from our excellent service & repair team!
April 1, 202004012020-florida-roads-accelerated-projects-map
~ Reduction in traffic allows state to expedite transportation improvements, provide needed jobs ~
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – At the direction of Governor Ron DeSantis, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has started accelerating critical infrastructure projects, which are valued at $2.1 Billion. Due to a reduction in traffic throughout Florida during the fight against COVID-19, FDOT will expedite crucial improvements to the state’s transportation system and provide much needed jobs.
“The Governor understands that Florida’s transportation system is the backbone of our economy and FDOT is proud to accelerate projects, which will help expedite goods to market and provide much needed jobs throughout the state,” said Florida Department of Transportation Secretary Kevin J. Thibault, P.E. “Safety is our top priority, so we will continue to ensure that employees have the sanitation supplies needed to follow the guidance from the CDC and work with our industry partners to implement these same precautions to keep workers safe and healthy.”
Following an initial review of all pending construction projects across all FDOT districts, including the Florida Turnpike Enterprise, FDOT has identified the following projects to be accelerated:
- The $864M Howard Frankland Bridge project in the Tampa Bay area will be accelerated by nearly 4 weeks.
- The widening of Southern Boulevard (SR 80) in western Palm Beach County will be accelerated by nearly 3 months.
- In Miami-Dade, the I-395/SR 836/I-95 Design Build Project is an $802 million reconstruction project being done in coordination with the local expressway authority that will be accelerated by 4 weeks.
- The project at Sand Lake Road (SR 482) near the heavy tourist area of International Drive and Universal Boulevard in Orlando will be accelerated by 4 to 6 weeks.
Several other projects, by region, include:
- Phase one of construction on the US-1 Cow Key Bridge in Monroe County will be accelerated by 1 week.
- Paving along I-75 at the SR 70 Interchange in Manatee County will be accelerated by 2 weeks.
- Paving, widening and signal upgrades along State Road 951 in southern Collier County will be accelerated by 4 weeks.
- The 23rd Street Flyover project at the intersection of US 98 and 23rd Street in Bay County will be accelerated by 1 week.
- The Diverging Diamond Interchange on SR 200 (A1A) at Interstate 95 in Nassau County, the first of its kind in Northeast Florida, will be accelerated by two months.